Prabhupāda: Now your business is bring students. That is first duty. Let people be convinced. Before going to the foreign countries, I had a very bad experience. I asked so many men to give students, Vedic students. "Swāmījī, [Hindi]. We have to earn money." Nobody wants that the children should be honest, brāhmaṇa, brahmacārī. Nobody wants. He wants all thieves, rogues, cunning cheater, "So the money bring." That is the difficulty. So you have to face this difficulty. But try to. [Hindi] Loafer class, śūdra, they want. [Hindi] Still, keep an ideal institution. That experience I had, when, before going foreign countries, I tried, all friends = "Swāmījī, [Hindi]."
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Those people don't need that education so much.
Prabhupāda: They should be trained up in the field, to the weaving practice or something like that. They don't require education.
Akṣayānanda: Intelligent class.
Prabhupāda: Intelligent class. We cannot make them interested. Some of them may come out, but not all. It is not possible.
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Śrīla Prabhupāda, sometimes wealthy people are afraid that if their sons come to this gurukula, they'll become sādhus. [laughter]
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten