Know Thyself - Welcome @ Kristo's blog

Know Thyself - Welcome @ Kristo's blog
David - I adore the community of saints / Gelukpa's

donderdag 18 november 2021

Positive lifestyle changes thanks to the Bhakti Yoga movement (Hare Krishna's).

I can spend Christmas in happiness and health with a clear conscience. After I have already removed the drugs from my life, I am now also quitting smoking. I am about ten days without a cigarette now. I get my inspiration from the Bhakti Yoga movement (Hare Krishnas) whose lifestyle I have also adopted. I also don't eat meat or fish and now also cutting the eggs. Thank you G-d for giving me the strength to endure this. Also thanks to Tabak Stop Belgium.

https://tabakstop.be/

"Even by common sense we can understand. It requires little cool brain. But that cool brain cannot act without giving us, giving up these four things, namely illicit sex, meat-eating, intoxication, and gambling. If your brain is congested always with all these four rubbish things, you cannot think of higher, finer things. That is not possible. Therefore we restrict, to make the brain clear to understand about Krsna."

Srila Prabhupada Lecture on Bhagavad-Gita, 08-13-73, Paris

"In our Krsna consciousness movement we prohibit illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating, and gambling. In Kali-yuga, a drunken, half-naked woman embracing a drunken man is a very common sight, especially in the Western countries, and restraining oneself after seeing such things is very difficult. Nevertheless, if by the grace of Krsna a man adheres to the regulative principles and chants the Hare Krsna mantra, Krsna will certainly protect him. Indeed, Krsna says that His devotee is never vanquished (kaunteya pratijanihi na me bhaktah pranasyati). Therefore all the disciples practicing Krsna consciousness should obediently follow the regulative principles and remain fixed in chanting the holy name of the Lord. Then there need be no fear. Otherwise one's position is very dangerous."

A Second Chance, Chapter 12

https://harekrsna.com/practice/4regs/intoxication.htm

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten